Apple Scouts Summer Camp
Apple Scouts Summer Camp has been cancelled due to COVID-19. We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience this causes. We are looking forward to the 2021 summer!
Apple Playschools’ Apple Scouts program is a gender-inclusive, multi-age outdoors camp based on the belief that all children have the right to connect to the natural world. Aligned with the international movement to “rewild” childhood, children in our camp programs are immersed in nature in all kinds of weather. Through child-initiated activities like hiking, tracking, mapping, playing, building and creating, Apple Scouts explore the rich surroundings offered by local preserves, woods and trails. Campers grow alongside the plants and animals they encounter, provided with meaningful experiences and trusting relationships that nurture the environmental stewards of tomorrow.
Key Features of the Apple Scouts Summer Camp Experience
Sessions are open to youth ages 5-11 years old (must have completed full-day Young 5's or Kindergarten). Campers are in one group all together regardless of age. All sessions are two weeks long. Camp runs 8:30am-3:30pm daily.
After Care is available 3:30pm-5:30pm for an additional fee.
$550/child for any two week session
2020 Summer Camp Sessions
Location: Drop off and pick up for Apple Scouts Summer Camp will be at West Side United Methodist Church, 900 S 7th St, Ann Arbor. Scouts will leave from this site for their daily adventures via hiking or city bus.
Session 1 | June 15-19, 22-26 | Into the Wild
Practice your outdoor survival skills while discovering the wonders of using nature as your playground. Climb, crawl, stomp, sneak, track, trek, build and seek as you venture into the wild.
Session 2 | July 6-10, 13-17 | Exploring Ecosystems
Explore your world from canopy to forest floor. Visit natural areas around town to discover more about the plants and animals that are your neighbors.
Session 3 | July 20-24, 27-31 | Finding Your Way!
Take the lead in this session of wayfinding adventures. Use navigation tools, maps, compasses, landmarks and trail signs to find your way or leave your own trail of clues.
Session 4 | August 3-7, 10-14 | Nature Art
The Earth is your canvas as you search for patterns, colors, and amazing architecture in nature that will inspire your own marvelous works of art around town. Build shelters, create a forest of funny faces and collect items to make your own natural works of art.
Session 5 | August 17-21, 24-28 | In the Sky and Underground!
Feathered, furred or lacy winged - look up to discover animals that fly, flit, flap and fall. Slimy, shelled or super small - dig down to investigate animals that creep, crunch, curl and crawl.
REGISTRATION BEGINS FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14, 2020!
Additional Camp Information
Questions: If you have questions about enrollment, please email email@example.com.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
- All registration fees include a $50 non-refundable deposit
- Payment for camp registration is due two weeks after you have completed the registration form.
- All sessions are two weeks long and cannot be prorated
- Registrations cancelled on or before April 15, 2020 will be issued a full refund minus the $50 deposit.
- Registrations cancelled on or before May 15, 2020 will be issued a 50% refund minus the $50 deposit.
- No refunds will be issued for registration cancelled after May 15, 2020.
- If a participant fails to attend a registered session without notice, no refund will be issued. In cases of homesickness, dismissal or voluntary withdrawal, there will be no refund of any registration fees
- All requests for cancellations or changes must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apple Playschools reserves the right to grant exceptions to these policies.
Family Policy Handbook
This handbook includes important information about Apple Playschools policies and procedures. If you have any questions regarding our programs or policies, please contact email@example.com